We are proud to offer both in-hospital and online pharmacy options.
At Mount Laurel Animal Hospital, our commitment to your pet's health is also reflected by our fully stocked in-house veterinary pharmacy. When it comes to prescription medications, accurate dosage and administration is of the utmost importance. You can be rest assured that any prescriptions your pet needs will be fulfilled accurately, at the right dose.
We will also provide you with detailed instructions on the medication’s use, discuss any side effects or interactions, and even give your pet the first dose if possible. You can feel confident all the medications we dispense were obtained from safe, reliable sources and stored under the right conditions.
Ensuring you have convenient and timely access to competitively priced medications and other pet care products is an important aspect of our veterinary practice.
Refills are easy too, CLICK HERE to request one online!
You may also call us at 856-234-7626 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request a refill! Please be sure to include your pet's name, your last name, medication request information and your mobile phone number so that we can text you when it's ready for pick-up!
What to expect when you’ve requested a medication refill through our in-hospital pharmacy
- Once we receive your refill request, we start working on processing it as soon as possible. Please allow us 24-48 hours to process your medication requests.
- Once your medication is filled by our pharmacy tech, it will then get checked by another pharmacy tech to ensure accuracy
- We will TEXT you at the cell phone number provided, or the number we have on file
- We will E-MAIL you an invoice to pre-pay through our secure online portal
- Once you’ve prepaid at your convenience, you can pick up your medication at any time (our hospital is open 24/7)
- Once you’ve arrived in our parking lot, please call the hospital to speak directly with one of our staff members and we will bring your medication out to your vehicle.
- VetSource links with our own computer system’s medical records to provide a streamlined and user-friendly approval process for prescription diets and medications
- Convenient home delivery, free shipping and auto-ship options take the stress and time out of making trips to the store
- Using auto-ship adds an additional level of discounts
- Easy access to notifications of any pet food recalls which will be specifically sent to people who have purchased specific products
- Buying through VetSource is like buying through the hospital as it allows you to take advantage of manufacturer coupons and rebates that may not be available in stores or at other online pharmacies
Mailing Options: $5.30 standard 3-5 day shipping
Please call the hospital directly if you need expedited shipping
Outside Pharmacy Protocol
Human pharmacy (CVS, Walmart, Costco, Walgreens, etc...) If you would like your pet's medication called into a human pharmacy, please provide your preferred pharmacy information, including the phone number. We will call the medication in directly, and then they will contact you to arrange pick up once the medication is ready. Please note this is only applicable when human generics are available.
We have increasing concerns about the ethical behavior and authenticity of products supplied by some online pharmacies. Vetsource is the ONLY trusted online pharmacy recommended by our veterinarians, and we consider it an extension of our hospital. We are committed to providing the best and safest medications for your pet, and for this reason, we do not recommend purchasing medications from any online pharmacy except Vetsource.
- After discussions with multiple veterinary pharmaceutical companies that manufacture several of these products, we have discovered that many of these companies limit the distribution of their products through licensed veterinarians, and so products obtained from many internet retailers are likely acquired illegally through non-approved channels.
- The manufacturer cannot guarantee safe handling, appropriate storage, and that the product has not been tampered with when they are not obtained through a licensed veterinarian. For this reason, the companies will not honor their warranties/guarantees if the products are not obtained through a licensed veterinarian. This means that reactions to the medications or failure of the medications (ie: preventatives) are not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Several clients have reported that they have received medications outside of their original packaging which leads us to question the authenticity of these medications.
- Pharmaceuticals manufactured for and labeled for use in other countries (namely Australia and Mexico) have been illegally diverted and sold through these discount houses in the United States.
- We have also noticed several mistakes made on the part of multiple online pharmacies.
If you would still like to obtain your refill through one of these discount pharmacies, please let one of our pharmacy techs know and we can provide you with a written script that you can then send into the online pharmacy. The script will be available at the hospital to pick up, or we can mail it to you at the mailing address you provide to us. Please allow up to 72 hours for us to process your request.
Compounding Pharmacies (Stokes, Wedgewood, etc): We work with many outside compounding pharmacies to prepare medications to meet the unique needs of an individual patient (especially for our exotics patients!) when a commercially available drug does not meet those needs. We call in the medications directly to the pharmacy, and they will contact you directly for payment and to set up shipment directly to your door!